Please read this comprehensive guide to ensure a smooth tenancy with Hampton Properties!
Welcome to Hampton Properties!
We are very glad you’ve chosen to reside in one of our apartments and hope that you are delighted. The entire staff is here to ensure that you have a comfortable, safe and enjoyable year.
5 Claremont St. Worcester, MA 01610
Office phone number:
Emergency Maintenance, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
Utility companies should be contacted before you move in to establish an account(s) in your name. To ensure continuation of service, the start date should be the first day of the lease.
- EVERSOURCE- Gas- Heat, Hot Water, Stove
- NATIONAL GRID- Electric
- CHARTER SPECTRUM- Cable and Internet
NO DISH NETWORKS ALLOWED
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Water Leak
- No Heat
- No Water
- Lock Out (subject to fees for subsequent calls)
All emergencies should be reported immediately!
In the event of a fire or immediate dangerCALL 911
Report non-emergencies to Maintenance@HamptonPropertiesLLC.com
All non-emergencies will be tended to within 48-72 hours.
- Garbage Disposals
- Slow Drains
- Beeping Smoke Detector (due to low battery)
- Washer/Dryer Issues
- Dishwasher Issues
- Pay your rent online right at our website!
- Cash or checks are not accepted.
-Go to www.HamptonPropertiesLLC.com
Tenants are responsible for keeping the apartment in good order, paying rent on time and adhering to the lease especially regarding trash, noise and behavior. Apartments will only be available for occupancy upon receipt of all deposits and documents as required.
Move In Condition Statements – We work hard to ensure your apartment is move in ready! When you check in, tenants will be required to sign a move in condition statementand will have fifteen (15) days to list any issues that may require repair and/or replacement. Should the list not be returned within this period, a court may later view your failure to return the list as evidence the apartment was received in excellent condition, which may impact your ability to recover any of the amount of security deposit withheld.
We are more than happy to accommodate subleasing,should the need arise, under the following conditions:
- No advertising sub-lease on Craigslist
- At least 2 months in duration
- Must be approved by the Office
- Tenants must register their car with the office and display a Hampton Properties parking sticker on the back, driver’s siderear window.
- Parking is first come first serve
- NO GUEST PARKINGin off street lots– violators will be towed at owner’s expense
- Please be patient, snow removal is time consuming
- Move cars upon request
If you leave over the holidays, we would like to remind you of a few things.
- DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR HEAT! Leave heat set at least 60 degrees. You will be responsible for any damage caused by the pipes freezing.
- Throw away any food that could spoil while you are away
- Take out all trash in yellow bags before leaving
If you have any questions, please let us know!
Trash and Recycling
All trash must be disposed of in yellow City of Worcester bags, which are available in most markets, convenience and drug stores. Recycle bins are available from the Worcester Department of Public Works.
Please be considerate of your neighbors and properly dispose of your trash. In the event excessive trash is removed by Hampton Properties, the responsible unit will be assessed $25 per bag. If the unit cannot be identified, the removal charges will be assessed to the entire building.
Proper Usage of Appliances
- Remove all items from pockets before washing
- Check loading instructions on washer for proper setting
- Start washer immediately after loading it
- Use proper amount of detergent
- Avoid overloading the machine - washer tub should not be more than ¾ full of laundry. Overloading causes washing machines to shift out of position. Continual overloading can bend the washer’s frame and damage the motor, which will eventually require repair or replacement. If washer stops mid-cycle, remove the top layer of clothing and it will usually start back up again.
- Do not overload
- Clean lint trap before & after each use
Do not flush any feminine products….or anything other than toilet paper.
The majority of clogged garbage disposals are due to misuse.
If you can’t eat it, it doesn’t belong in the garbage disposal!
No bones, glass, plastic, metal or paper!
No grease, fat or oil!
HOW TO AVOID DISPOSAL ISSUES:
- Check for utensils, bottle caps, small glassware (shot glasses) or other foreign objects (beer caps before running the disposal
- Turn on cold water while using disposal
- Put only small amounts of food in the disposal at a time
- Run water & motor until all grinding is complete
- Run the disposal each time food is put in the disposal
MOST clogged disposals are non-emergencies and should be reported to Maintenance@HamptonPropertiesLLC.com
If repairsare due to tenant negligence and/or disregard for proper use of the laundry units, toilets and garbage disposals, the following fees will apply:
-Warning! Maintenance will show you proper usage at no charge.
-$25(during office hours)
-$50 (after office hours)
-$50 (during office hours)
-$75 (after office hours)
Move Out Instructions
- Apartments must be vacated by NOON on the last day of the lease. Notify the office in advance of your move out date. If you plan to move out earlier, please let us know.
- Contact the office to schedule a walkthrough of your apartment. Failure to schedule a walkthrough forfeits any right to contest any assessments against your security deposit.
- Clean, Clean, Clean!! Your apartment is expected to be returned in the condition it was given to you. Most security deposit deductions are made due to a lack of cleaning, especially the kitchen, appliances and bathrooms. Please see the checklist below.
- Keys, Keys, Keys!!Please return all keys, to include building, unit, bedroom, mailbox and/or dumpster keys. A $50 assessment will be charged to the security deposit for each full set of keys not returned.
- Remove all trash, furniture, food, personal items, etc….
- Any damage beyond normal wear and tear will be assessed to the unit.
If all roommates agree you may choose to accept a cleaning charge (which will be pro-rated and deducted from your security deposit) instead of cleaning yourself.
- 1-2 bedroom - $250
- 3-5 bedroom - $300 - $450
Please contact the office to let us know in advance if you would like to take advantage of this offer.
Move Out Cleaning Checklist
- Clean outside and inside of refrigerator - including shelves and crisper
- Clean freezer, defrost if necessary by unplugging. Plug back in after.
- Clean entire outside and inside of oven – including racks
- Clean stove top drip trays and around heating elements
- Clean inside and out of built in microwave
- Use degreaser wherever needed
- Remove all food/debris from cabinets
- Wipe down cabinets inside and outside
- Clean dishwasher inside and out
- Clean all countertops, under sink – degreaser where necessary
- Sweep and mop all floors
- Remove all soap scum and stains from bathtub and fixtures
- Clean all walls of shower
- Clean vanity inside and out – including mirror
- Disinfect, scrub and remove stains from inside and outside of toilet(s)
- Sweep and mop floors
- Remove shower curtain(s)
- Clean doors
- Sweep/vacuum floors
- Clean all windows
- Wipe down all mini-blinds
- Remove all trash and personal items
- Locate all ceiling fan remote controls